Guide to Toolbox
You can update the map in your navigation system with the help of the Toolbox. It is a free-of-charge application that allows you to purchase, download, and install map updates on your navigation.
To do this, you will need:
- a USB flash drive (recommended size at least 8GB)
- broadband internet connection
one of the supported operating systems, installed on your computer:
- Windows 7 or later,
- OS X 10.10 or later
1 - Synchronize the USB flash drive with the navigation system
- Insert a USB flash drive into Navigation system and turn on the head unit
- Press the icon > Options > Map Update > Options > Update
- This will synchronize the system’s navigation data with the USB flash drive
- Remove the USB flash drive from the head unit.
2 - Install Toolbox
- Visit https://renault.welcome.naviextras.com/ and download the Toolbox. After installation, start the Toolbox
- Insert the USB flash drive which contains the saved data of your navigation device
- The Toolbox will automatically recognize the navigation data
Create your personal account by providing:
- your name and a valid email address
- your country of residence
- a password
3 - Download free map updates
To provide the best possible experience with your Navigation system, your car manufacturer provides one free map update within 90 days of first use of Navigation System. Do not miss this opportunity and update your system without delay.
- After logging-in, you are directed to [Free Updates] screen.
to download and install the available content(s)
- The progress bars show the Download and Installation progress.
- Wait until the process finishes, a message with successful installation appears.
- If you click , you can still download the free update later from on the HOME screen.
- If the button is not available, then you have either already downloaded and installed the update, or you are not eligible for free update.
NOTE: The download process may take longer depending on your internet connection speed.
4 - Upload the latest map update to your navigation system
After downloading and installing the latest map to the USB flash drive
Insert the USB flash drive again into the appropriate slot in your Navigation system and turn on the head unit.
Your navigation device will automatically recognize that there is a new update on the USB flash drive and a message “Do you want to update?” will pop-up.
- Click on if you want to install the update now.
- This will synchronize the data on the USB flash drive with the navigation system.
- Remove the USB flash drive from the head unit.
5 - Buy content
To buy content, first you need to synchronize a USB flash drive with your navigation data and download the Toolbox from this website.
- Go to Step 1 and synchronize the USB flash drive with the navigation system.
- Start Toolbox and insert the USB flash drive which is synchronized with your navigation system’s data.
Log-in to Toolbox and choose
on the HOME screen
Select the map update/content by clicking on it that you wish to buy.
Select the type of the map update/content (single time update or subscription for 1 or more years)
- Place your order by clicking on .
- Enter your invoicing data and click on (If you have already purchased content in Toolbox, then your address will be stored upfront. Issued invoices cannot be modified, therefore, carefully check your information before proceeding to payment.)
- Read the Terms and Conditions of Purchase and click on
- Choose the type of your credit/debit card and enter card information.
- After your payment has been processed, click on
After installation, eject the USB flash drive, insert it into your vehicle’s head unit and upload the map update to your navigation system (see section 4.).
6 - Manage Content
After purchase, in case there is no free space on your Media Nav (Evolution) device you will be offered to select specific parts of the map update package (e.g. single countries, regions) by ticking the checkboxes next to the content item one by one.
Before you use Manage Content option, please read carefully:
- By default no content is selected. If you leave it like that none of the contents will be updated.
- Only the selected contents (ticked boxes) will be updated and installed to your navigation device.
- Contents previously available on your device (e.g. factory map) but not selected during this update will be deleted from your device. However, you will have access to update and re-install them anytime.
- Select ALL the countries you wish to navigate through in order to receive proper routing (e.g. If you travel to Italy from Germany, you will need to select Austria (or any other country in-between) to get proper routing.)
- You can access the Manage Content section from the left-hand side bar after logging in to the Toolbox anytime (provided there is an available content).
- In case you wish to update some other parts of the purchased package, please visit the Toolbox again and unselect content which you no longer need and select new content from the package.
When the box is ticked, you will see the size of the content on the right hand-side. Also, there is an ‘Available space’ bar on the bottom of the screen which shows how much free space is left.
If you click on the arrow in front of the map update package, it will show the break-down of the package by contents (countries, regions, depending on what the content is).
You can even select single countries of the package to update:
Check the ‘Available space’ progress bar at the bottom of the screen which shows how much space is left. If it is fully colored, it means there is no more space, therefore you cannot choose more content, or you need to unselect some contents.
After selecting the desired content to update your device, click on Install. The selected content will be installed to your data carrier (USB).
NOTE: Contents previously available on your device (e.g. factory map) but not selected during this update will be deleted from your device. However, you will have access to update and re-install them anytime. Select ALL the countries you wish to navigate through in order to receive proper routing (e.g If you travel to Italy from Germany, you will need to select Austria (or any other country(ies) in-between) to get proper routing.)
Go to Step 4 and upload the new map update to your navigation device.
In case you do not install the selected contents to your device, the next time you start the Toolbox it will detect it. You will need to synchronize the navigation data from the device (Step 1) to purchase in the Toolbox again.
In case you wish to change some content in the future
- Go to Step 1 (synchronize the USB flash drive with your navigation device)
- Choose Manage content from the side bar
- You will see which content is already chosen
Select the contents you wish to install
NOTE: you may need to unselect some content first
- Download and Install
- Go to Step 4 and upload the new map update to your navigation device.